seat covers?

Discussion and Questions about the different models of CCKW's
bobc
Captain
Captain

seat covers?

Post by bobc »

I'm still working on getting my yard truck together, today I rebuilt the seat frame, it's not the original one since they mounted the gas tank under the seat I think they used the seat frame from that truck, I had to replace three spring coils,luckily I have my own junk yard and I was able to find some really close replacements, my wife does all my upholstery, but I have no idea what the seat covers should look like, I assume they are pretty basic, but my big question is the seams, is there piping? My half-track seats all had piping on the seams, from what little remains I have found on the other CCKW seats it didn't look like it, so if someone can post a picture of the drivers side lower corner I should be able to get a good idea what they should look like. I know I can probably buy a set of covers but I'm cheap and I have a whole roll of canvas and a wonderful wife that can do the work. Thanks.
Restored M-2-A-1 half-track, 41 CCKW SWB closed cab yard truck, working on open cab G-506 cargo truck
John V Cliche
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: seat covers?

Post by John V Cliche »

No piping ,just sewn
The Chevy and CCKW springs differ slightly the Chevy springs are identical to the "Civi " versions

Hope this helps
John
42 Chevy G7117
44 Ford M20 armored car
44 CCKW 353 A1 660 gal Tanker
45 CCKW 353 B2 Air-portable
Ben Hur 1 ton trailer
MVPA#26900
bobc
Captain
Captain

Post by bobc »

Thanks John, How about the front panel,is it one piece or are there seams on the corners? I know a lot of older cars had seams on the corners. Bob.
Restored M-2-A-1 half-track, 41 CCKW SWB closed cab yard truck, working on open cab G-506 cargo truck
arthur.m
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by arthur.m »

Hi, Bob, any change of this picture answering your question? The seat of my closed cab shop van.

Arthur
cckw L2 Dump Truck, cckw shop van, BSA foldable bicycle