CCKW BATTERY BOX NUTS, TEST YOUR MEMORY

Discussion and Questions about the different models of CCKW's
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

CCKW BATTERY BOX NUTS, TEST YOUR MEMORY

Post by joel gopan »

Does everybody remember why they are lop sided (have one wing) ? (Same for those later, 1944 on, Open Cabs that have provisions for the Pioneer Tools on the running board.) the bracket for the Pick Mattock uses the same nut.
Joel
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bill_Wolf »

One ear is left on the wing nuts so that the nut is unbalanced and the heavier side always stays down....thus if the nut is loose the weight on one side will not allow the nut to turn.....Gravity....

What do I win????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Autocar Cab Over Tractor?????? :D
Last edited by Bill_Wolf on Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

Captain Weasel Wing Nut on 27 October acting without hesitation, and displaying great courage, saved a number of of his fellow troops great embarassment by taking immediate action and giving the correct answer to the simple question on GM-657214 NUT, Battery Box Cover. For this display of intelligence that exceeded the call of duty, I am recommending Captain Nut receive two "atta boys" and that the toilet seats in the latrine be left at "attention" for two days in his honor.

Well done Captain Nut.
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
R Cubed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: CCKW BATTERY BOX NUTS, TEST YOUR MEMORY

Post by R Cubed »

I believe they were known as gravity nuts !!!

Also were only fitted to a certain number of vehicles, it was chassis number dependant, I dont think they were fitted as standard to all trucks, but I might be wrong !!!!
Don't say can't as anything is possible with time and effort.

1941 CCKW352B1
GP Medium tent
105 M2-A1 Howitzer