Last Flight

Historic Military Vehicle and Military Events of Interest World Wide.
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Last Flight

Post by armydriver »

The Doolittle Raiders will hold their last re-union here in San Antonio the week of April 16th. The Alamo and Lone Star Chapters of the MVPA will be involved with the festivities. There are supposed to be at least 12 B-25's here in town and will be on display at Stinson Field, Lackland AFB and Randoolph AFB.
On the 20th the old survivors will visit their passed comrades at the Fort Sam Houston National Cemetary and there will be a flyover of the Mitchell bombers to honor those who have served their country.
There will be an additional flyover of Robert G. Cole High School to honor our students and their parents who are currently serving in Iraq and Afganistan.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
rwdfresno
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by rwdfresno »

It is the 7th annual final Doolittle Raider Reunion. :lol:

Just funnin! We sponsored and hosted the 59th annual annual Doolittle Raider Reunion. That was going to be the final public reunion. These guys are getting up in age and I suppose any year could be their final reunion unfortunately. I think though with every new opportunity that they are offered the decide to do it for just one more year. You certainly can't blame them, I'm sure that getting up there in years and seeing less and less of their friends every year must be hard. I'm am glad that their reunions did make it another 6 years. They are a great bunch of guys and wish we could have another 25 years with them.

We had 12 bombers that year. I was happy to have my butt in the tail gunner position of B-25J Apache Princess and to look out and see as many as 9 more Mitchells behind us.

Ryan
Conn
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

!

Post by Conn »

Those are some beautiful birds and some wonderful men! There is an amazing exibit about the Doolittle Raiders at the US Air Force Museum, here in Dayton, Ohio. They held their 64th reunion at the museum last year. http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/photos ... ers&page=1

P.S. Is that "The Panchito" in the front row!? :mrgreen:
1940 Packard 110 Touring Sedan
1945 M3A4 Hand Utility Cart
1945 GMC CCKW 353 H1
http://americanbombardier.tripod.com/cckwproject/
rwdfresno
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by rwdfresno »

I think the one you are talking about is the front right (when looking at the picture). That is Super Rabbit

At the event was:

In The Mood
Pacific Princess
Heavenly Body
Super Rabbit
Sunday Punch
Axis Nightmare
Martha Jean
Top Secret
Guardian of Freedom
Miss Mitchell
Betty's Dream
Apache Princess
Ryan
Conn
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

!

Post by Conn »

My mistake. :|
Hey any of you heard about this? http://www.gml2007.com/ should be neat! :) Over 100 P-51s and many legends! My father and I are planning on attending! Hopefully after we get our CCKW fully functional and lookin' good, we'll be able to take it to some of these Ohio military shows! Right now it's time to get in the fields (the beginning of planting season) and the truck is waiting for a rainy day for some brake work. :D
1940 Packard 110 Touring Sedan
1945 M3A4 Hand Utility Cart
1945 GMC CCKW 353 H1
http://americanbombardier.tripod.com/cckwproject/