Teft from a Norwegian Museum!!

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
mud-snow
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Teft from a Norwegian Museum!!

Post by mud-snow »

Please keep out for any Kättenkraftrad that might be for sale.
This among many other items was stolen from a museum in Northern Norway reecently!
Other items that was stolen was among many, tools, weapons, binoculars, radios and personal items for the soldiers.
And please post this information on other forums too!!
We need to stop them as soon as possible. And it would be very sad if someone hounest persons did end up with the stolen items.

Rolf

Link (in Norwegian): http://www.an.no/nyheter/article3250730.ece
Persons on the photo is visitors to the museum.
One of the best MV club-magazines in the world...
Have a look at the Norwegian MV-clubs site at www.hmkf.no
Colin Britton
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Theft

Post by Colin Britton »

Was there a serial number listed for the kettenkrad in the article? And what is the serial number if it was listed? As my Norwegian is a bit rusty....
I'm asking cause I have a friend that is now in the market for a kettenkrad and I dont want to see him buy a stolen one.

Thanks
ATW,
Doc Britton.

1945 353-B2 W/W with 1943 Trackson Co. M-36 Gun Mount
1944 Ford M-20 Armored Car
1943 Steel body Ben Hur trailer
1944 MB w/GPW engine (project) On hold M-20 restoration has OPERATIONAL PRIORITY
Active Duty Paratrooper 82nd Abn. Div.
2nd BDE. 325 A.I.R.
3rd BCT 2-505 P.I.R
407th BSB Trauma Team SGT/Leader
Combat Medic
Fmr. Combat Engr. 307th Engr. Bn. Abn.
14 years in the 82nd. Americas Guard of Honor
Degsy
Captain
Captain

Post by Degsy »

Hi Doc, there is an article on this on the HMVF forum, the Kettenkrad has now been recovered and the thieves apprehended.
GMC 352 B1
MVT
Over fifty mis-spent years of working on and
driving cars,trucks and agricultural and construction plant .
mud-snow
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by mud-snow »

Sorry that I forgot to put in the news here, but here it is as on other forums.

As reported earlier, a Kättenkrad and some other items was stolen from the museum “Batterie Dietel” in Northern Norway late December 2007.
Shortly after, when the news got around, the Kättenkrad was located in Germany due to the activity among many collectors reading different forums on the web.
This information was given to both the Norwegian and German police. But also the thieves “heard about the search” so they managed to hide the Kättenkrad.

But last Thursday the Kättenkrad was secured by the police.

The police did not forget about this, but did continue to search information, if not on the Kättenkrad, so on the guys behind the theft.
And because of the engagement and the information from the HMVF community around the world, it was possible for the police to once more locate the Kättenkrad together with other stolen items. The Kättenkrad and the other items was secured and the thieves imprisoned.
So this proves that the internet is something to use in the future. It will be much harder to sell stolen items since we have the possibility to check out anything before we buy what we are offered.
So hopefully the HMV community will use the forums around, and inform all others when something disappears.
As a result of this, the hope must be that the thieves will think more than twice next time they want something that belongs to someone else.
Rolf

Pictures is taken by those people that tried to sell it.
One of the best MV club-magazines in the world...
Have a look at the Norwegian MV-clubs site at www.hmkf.no
Chris_M
Captain
Captain

Post by Chris_M »

The correct writing is "Kettenkrad", derived from the two german words "Ketten" (tracks) and "Krad" an abbreviation of "Kraftrad" that means motorcycle. This Name is only used in military speech. Motorcycles are usually called "Motorrad" here in Germany.

Regards,

Chris
45 CCKW 353 2