From the Mouths of students

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

From the Mouths of students

Post by armydriver »

The following is not about any military equipment but it is about a military dependent. Corey is a 14 year old freshmen with a skull full fo mush that sends sparks every so often and he actually acts like a student. His father is a 1st Sergeant and constantly on Corey and his schoolwork.
Today I was at my normal duty station during passing period. In the hall by my door, should there be any interruption in the hall. As Corey came in I mentioned that we had missed him the past few days and he replied that he had been sick. He walked into the classroom dragging the heavy backpack, that probably does not have a single text book in it. Suddenly he re-appeared at my door. " Where is Sam?" he exclaimed rather excited. Sam is a pretty little freshman girl with red hair. I related to him that her father had been transferred and she had checked out of school. Looking a little down, he exclaimed the following" Man, she sure got my male organisims excited." and he left. I held my hand over my mouth trying to stiffle my laughter. Finally I burst lose moving away from the door.
This job is the best. :lol: :lol:
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
Hammerhead
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Hammerhead »

Great story armydriver! :D :D

I well remember those days myself of raging hormones back in High School. Now I have a 16 year old son and a 14 year old daughter....the shoe is on the other foot. :shock: Now it's my turn to get the grey hairs
and stay up late at night waiting for my newly licensed son to return home.

My son was 9 when I was restoring my GPW. One day when I was working on the jeep I proudly told my son "one day this will be yours". He thought about it a moment and asked "when I'm 16"? I quickly said "No maybe when you're 36"!

When they were young, the kids loved riding in the vehicles. Now they are too cool to! I asked my kids to go riding in the CCKW with me last fall and they both looked at me like I had lost my mind! One day last summer when my son was still 15, I needed to pick him up from football practice. I told the wife, "lets take the jeep." When we pulled up to the High School my son wanted to just crawl in a hole! His buddies thought it was cool tho.

Maybe when my son is 36 it'll be cool again!!
1944 GMC CCKW 353, 1943 BEN-HUR Trailer
1943 WC-52, 1944 WC-54 (dod 4/19/44), 1945 Willys MB,
4/44 Bantam T3, MVPA 12610, NRA life Member
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

When I was fifteen my first vehicle was a jeep. It was 1955 and I bought a 1945 MB from a man for a $100.00. As I remember it had all of the military attachments. One day while cleaning leaves and dirt from around the gasoline tank I found some sterling silver captains bars. The pin was bent. The jeep is long gone but I still have the captains bars. Imagine , owning a WWII jeep when it was only ten years old. :D :D
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans