3weeks and counting

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

3weeks and counting

Post by armydriver »

I have to crow a little as I am finishing up 23 years in the classroom and in only 3 weeks I retire from Robert G. Cole High School with the Fort Sam Houston ISD located on Fort Sam Houston, Texas. All of my students have been and are military dependants. Over the years I have taught the children of two Surgeon Generals of the Army and countless other generals in the Army. 23 of my students have attneded the service acadamies at West Point, Annapolis and the Air Force Academy and many more have been commissioned through the ROTC programs at universities all over the country, like Texas A&M.
There have been doctors, lawyers and of course workers at the drive in windows at McDonalds and stay at home moms. All of these young people have been precious to me and I applaud them for they have lived a difficult life. One young lady had been in five different high schools in three years because of military transfers of her father.
Now I can spend my time on my CCKW's and M38. I am tired and ready to go. i will graduate this year with my last senior class of students.
All of it as been time well spent. God Speed, Class of 08 . Robert G. Cole High School. :D :D
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bill_Wolf »

Congratulations AD,

And Thank You for your service to our Country...a second time.

Teachers are special and are the backbone of our society.

Enjoy your retirement.

Bill
1945 GMC DUKW
1942 Chevy 125 Crash Truck from Dow AAFB,
1944 Chevy 325 Fire Truck
1942 WC-54 Ambulance
1944 M29C Weasel (x6)
1945 CCKW 353 A2 Open Cab "Air-portable"
1943 M5 High Speed Tractor
1942 Sperry Searchlight setup with GE Generator
1942 M-1 Fruehauf Searchlight Trailer (G221)
1942 M-17 Fruehauf Quad 50 Trailer (G221)
1942 M-10 Ammo Trailer (x3)
194? Steel Ben Hur (x4) 194? Wood Ben Hur (x2)
1945 Case VAIW-3 Aircraft Tug
1943 Case VAI USAAF with Mower
1944 Clark CA-1 Airborne Dozer
1944 PE-95G, 1944 PE-99B
Barry Churcher
Captain
Captain

Post by Barry Churcher »

Way to go AD. :D It must give you a great deal of satisfaction to know you have had a positive influence on so many kids.
Barry
1944 Chev. C15TA
DAF YA314 ----- Chev. G506
Ford F15A (4)
Chev C15A (2)
Ben Hur Fuel Transfer
Polynor Trailer
Drone Winch Trailer
GE Searchlight
Nekaf
1953 M38A1
Telephone Reel Hand Cart
British GS Trailer
M101
M101 with Water Tank
101 CDN-2 (2)
WW2 Water Trailer
M-274 A5 Mule
Cat Man
Major
Major

Three Weeks and Counting

Post by Cat Man »

WELL DONE AD!!!!

I well recall the days of my youth when all my Jr High and High School teachers were WWII Vets. They, like you had served their country, first in uniform and they again after the GI bill put them into the classroom.

I remember my high school history teacher, Mr Riser. He had been a Sgt on a mortar squad in the third Army in Europe. When he talked about WWII he WAS history. I hung on every word.

My late father was a two war vet and a long time teacher. He had such passion for his students and his fellow soldiers.

Congratulations on a great run. Teaching is a hard job and not without setbacks and disappointments. I'm sure your experiance and insight influenced many students more than you will ever know.

Drive On!

Cat Man
40 Years An Engine Guy
30 Years A Caterpillar Guy
Still Learning Every Day
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Almost and it is over. The school district held their formal dinner for us retirees this past tuesday night and it was more like a funeral. The superintendant uttered nothing but praise for each of us, like at a funeral, regardless of how bad a person was in the past.
As I was the only male to retire and our district is run by nothing but women, this is place is overwhelmed with estrogen, my retirement gift was a glass candy bowl. Now to my wife this is called Waterford leaded crystal, to me it is a glass bowl. I would have rather had a case of beef jerky, a jar of pickled eggs and jalapenos, and to wash it down a case of Adams dark lager.
One of my friends wanted to know if I was going to use the bowl as a hood ornament on old Betty Boop.
Oh well it is nearly there and I am excited. :D
52 M38 Willy's

Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
Hammerhead
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Hammerhead »

Congratulations Armydriver!! :D :D

I'm with you on the case of good Lager!! More time with Betty Boop!

Enjoy!!
1944 GMC CCKW 353, 1943 BEN-HUR Trailer
1943 WC-52, 1944 WC-54 (dod 4/19/44), 1945 Willys MB,
4/44 Bantam T3, MVPA 12610, NRA life Member
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

You have that part right. Now time is shorter. My three classes of seniors will be through this week.
I am looking forward to getting one knee joint replaced at the end of June and that will improve my health a lot. Then the other knee joint.
That will give me pain free operation of that stiff clutch on the CCKW's and better ability to climb up into the cab. :lol: :lol:
52 M38 Willy's