Dress up

Miscellaneous other stuff having to do with Military Vehicles and Trucks....NO POLITICS!

This will be monitored!
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Dress up

Post by armydriver »

My truck is what I call a Combat Class truck, all dents in the fenders are there, the bent head light grill on the driver side of the truck and ect. Question is do any of you dress up your truck when doing a display or parade. I put a couple of WWII duffle bags strapped to the fenders, camo netting across in front of the windshield, mussett bags hanging from the sideboards, and of course some German war souviners, like a M42 helmet, strapped to a 1941 dated German jerry can on the passanger side of the truck. Garand in the rifle rack with bandoleer . Pistol belt, holster and fake Colt hanging from the top bow along with a map case. Let me know about your trucks. This kind of takes away from their focus on the dents and bends. :lol:
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

My CCKW likes to go in the raw, it likes to show off its muscles, and I figure it is good for a few extra MPH without all the garbage hung on it. :wink:
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
Minnie
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Dress up..

Post by Minnie »

I prefer to dress up my CCKW going on a Rallie or on Display.
Musettebags, ropes, Camo net, some old cola botles, M 38 Dispatch case, an Old Kodak Brownie camera, woodwork for the US smallwall tent at strapped to side of the truck, ect, ect, I also have a deactivated 1919A4 in the M36 mount. (When Truck is at a static display.
And I have made a wood 'thing' fairly shaped like the 1919A4 o have under the canvas cover, good to have when driving around.
I'ts not forbidden to have a modified 2x4" in the MG cradle...(yet..)

And I dress up myself, M41 jacket, or Tanker jacket, HBT coverall, 'mustard, wool trouser, wool shirt, Jeep cap, overeas cap, streel helmet with M41 gogles, ect. All depending on weather condition or type of arrangement.

To dress up both the truck and yourself is half the fun of the hobby.
S Holtan

'45 CCKW53 B1, 1619, "minnie"

Post by »

I'll "gear up" if it's a public display or parade. The public wants to see an "Army Truck" with all the web gear, ammo cans & etc. At MV meets I follow the K.I.S.S. rule - Keep It Simple Stupid. Most MV collectors want to see the engine, drivetrain and the data plates. I do dress the part when I take the truck out no matter parade or MV show.