International.

Trucks used by the U.S. Army in world War II that were 2.5 tons and larger. Such as Studebaker US-6, International M5-6, 4 Ton tractors (Auto Car, etc.), 5 Ton (Corbitt, etc.), the Dragon Wagon, and any other trucks 2.5 tons and over.
Nick Bombini
Captain
Captain

International.

Post by Nick Bombini »

I spotted an international which at first glance going 70mph down the road I first thought was a CCKW. My dad and I turned around and went back and noticed that it was an International that has a Water or chemical tank on the back. Unfortunatly I did not get a picture but I think I am going to keep a camera in the truck now being that I ust won another one. The truck looks like it is still in use by the fairly large farm that it is on.

This is the best I can do for a photo. Of course you cant see the truck in detail, but in the line of red equipment, the truck closest to the white building with a white tank on the back and the glare off of it is the one, at least I think it is. http://tinyurl.com/97bfa

The truck is a closed cab and the front end looks exactly like these ones. http://www.cckw.org/international.htm

Of course if they are still using the truck, it is probably not for sale and I am not interested in the Internationals anyway. If I ever get a chance, I will get a better photo of it.
Nick Bombini
---
'42 M7A1 Generator
'42 M7 Generator trailer
'43 CCKW 352 A2
'45 USMC mobile repair shop trailer
'45 GPW
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

I will look forward to a better photo. The Marines used the Internationals during WWII.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

M5H6 parts are super rare, almost non existant. Wheel Cylinders are $225.00 -$275.00 ea for rears, fronts are up there too. No Body parts out there at all. Not a good bet if you want a toy to drive. I have NOS Parts Manuals, and misc body parts, windshield frames for open/closed. Good truck to blow a wad on and never complete. Dept of Navy was major contractor.
Joel
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
Chris T.
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

International

Post by Chris T. »

Hey Nick,

I have a spare bed. I've driven a M5H6 and they're more like a M-35 or a Diamond T than a CCKW. The brakes can be a nightmare for parts, but if the whole system is complete, you can rebuilt it as easy as a GMC.

Later,
Chris T.
Chowchilla CA
'42 CCKW K-60
'42 CCKW K-53
'43 CCKW ST-6 Shop Truck 2x
'43 CCKW 353 Cargo
'44 CCKW USN ACRU
'44 CCKW Airfield Refueling Truck
'45 CCKW M27B1 Bomb Truck
'45 CCKW Engineer Motorized Shop (Maybe Soon)
War and Peace 2007
Normandy 2009
War and Peace 2011
War and Peace Revival 2013
Nick Bombini
Captain
Captain

Post by Nick Bombini »

Well,
as I drove to my grandparents for the 4th, we decided to take a detour and take a photo. There was workers by the truck so we couldn't stop to look at it. I took this photo while my dad was driving by slowly. It's not the best but that's all I can do. I can see now that the truck is still in use because it has been moved since the other day.
Nick Bombini
---
'42 M7A1 Generator
'42 M7 Generator trailer
'43 CCKW 352 A2
'45 USMC mobile repair shop trailer
'45 GPW
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Well restoration on one still moving under it's own power would definately be easier. If I were you I would stop and ask if you could buy the truck. One might be surprised and walk into a good deal. :D
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans