Maint manual.1939-45

This area is for ebay, Craigslist, GSA, Government Liquication or other auctions. It should include auctions for WWII trucks, parts, trailers, and directly related equipment and accessories, for CCKW, Chevrolet 1.5 ton, US-6, M5-6, DUKW, and WWII trucks larger than 2.5 ton vehicles only.

Moderator: Bill_Wolf

UK Jack
Major
Major

Maint manual.1939-45

Post by UK Jack »

1st gen copy od GMC 2.5ton 6x6.Maint manual.1939-45

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 4553354221

3o quid.......is this a good or bad price?

Cheers.

Jack.
www.hmvf.co.uk
A forum for historic military vehicles - inspired by Bill & CCKW.org!!!

Nothing is permanent in life, except change.
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Of course not an original copy, as they did not have the plastic binding back then, but if one needs an early manual this would be an excellent reproduction. I believe old TM's are only worth something to the person who needs one and the price is not important if you need that book.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

I would be cautious on this one, it is obviously a poor reprint, and there were no CCKW 352 or CCKW 353 trucks in 1939. The person should ID it by the TM10 number. There are better manuals than this that show up. Salesmanship starts with knowing what you are selling, and if the manual was complete, the date would be printed on the cover.
Joel
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
Tim Baltz
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

TM's

Post by Tim Baltz »

UK Jack, you need to find a TM 9-801, this well give you more info on your open cab then the early books. There are alot of changes from the early models, this one will give more the stuff you need like cab top installation, cargo tarpaulins and rotary type headlight switch. This would be my first to get if I had an open cab. Tim
Tim Baltz
Franklin,TN
42' CCKW 353 B2 Closed cab
Reenactor 30th & 101st GR
Matt
Major
Major

Manuals.

Post by Matt »

Hi Jack,for less than that you could get a really nice reprint from Rob in Holland who I mentioned or spend a couple of weeks cheking on ebay and you'll probably find an original WW2 manual for less than 30 quid.

If you just want a manual to use a reprint is probably best as the WW2 bindings won't stand up to a lot of use and it would be a shame to ruin an original.

Matt.
March 1942 Dodge WC-56 Command Car,1229th QM.
Oct.1943 Dodge WC-52 Weapons Carrier,854th BS.
Jan.1943 CCKW LeRoi Compressor.