42 CCKW truck on ebay

This area is for ebay, Craigslist, GSA, Government Liquication or other auctions. It should include auctions for WWII trucks, parts, trailers, and directly related equipment and accessories, for CCKW, Chevrolet 1.5 ton, US-6, M5-6, DUKW, and WWII trucks larger than 2.5 ton vehicles only.

Moderator: Bill_Wolf

armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

42 CCKW truck on ebay

Post by armydriver »

WOW, I couldn't wait to get this one on this site. For the real CCKW collector. Ebay item 4567947237. A modified 1942 CCKW dump truck, and you can buy it right now for only $30,000.00
Rush right out guys and buy this bubba mod to drive home as yor very own. :D :D
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bill_Wolf »

AD,

This was on ebay before at the same price and drew just about the same comments on the "G503" and all the other message boards.

While it is probably an excellent vehicle restoration it has no real collector value unless you have money to burn and want an Orange dump truck. It is a mongrel no matter how you look at it.

Best Offer, I am sure, will be far less than the 30K....

Now if the restorer had left one more axle on it he would have doubled his money.

Bill
1945 GMC DUKW
1942 Chevy 125 Crash Truck from Dow AAFB,
1944 Chevy 325 Fire Truck
1942 WC-54 Ambulance
1944 M29C Weasel (x6)
1945 CCKW 353 A2 Open Cab "Air-portable"
1943 M5 High Speed Tractor
1942 Sperry Searchlight setup with GE Generator
1942 M-1 Fruehauf Searchlight Trailer (G221)
1942 M-17 Fruehauf Quad 50 Trailer (G221)
1942 M-10 Ammo Trailer (x3)
194? Steel Ben Hur (x4) 194? Wood Ben Hur (x2)
1945 Case VAIW-3 Aircraft Tug
1943 Case VAI USAAF with Mower
1944 Clark CA-1 Airborne Dozer
1944 PE-95G, 1944 PE-99B
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

I gotta defend the man who restored this, as he is also one of the senior technicians rebuilding Humvees, Towed and SP Howitzers, 5 Ton trucks, Engineers equipment at the former Loring AFB in Limestone Maine. He could have done this in any manner but chose this route. I doubt there are many on this site or MVPA for taht manner that can equal his mechanical ability, or metal working capability. Some parts came from me. This truck was 100% disassembled down to the lockwashers, all sheet metal media blasted on both sides using Glass Beads, Walnut shells, or sand, and totally refinished and reconditioned in all systems. This is an example of the carecraftsmanship going into the fighting vehicles in Iraq today. I witness a steady trickle of Humvees and other fighting MVs headed south and off to war.
Bottom Line-No Bubba Here.
Joel
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Needs the extra axle to trip my trigger, expert tech or not. It is quite a catchy color though. This is more of the northeast coast bubba fabrication. Definately not the true southern engineering bubba fabrication with 55 gallon metal drum fenders. A lot more class with striking colors and a lot of attention to detail. Excellent workmanship, just missing an axle. :lol: :lol:
52 M38 Willy's

Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
joel gopan
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by joel gopan »

If one were to study CCKW history, it would be found that a 4X4 version of the CCKW was created for potential use as a tractor. Easiest reference is the Crismon "Military Wheeled Vehicles" This truck could be the envy of the "wish I had thought of building one of those crowd". Gotta tell ya, it costs money to iron the wrinkles of an old truck to the perfection of this one, it is not overpriced for the workmanship. involved. I would love to have this guy bring my truck to perfection, it would be a good investment, as it would bring new meaning to the definition factory class. I would love to have just the cab from this truck. Maybe I'll have him do me up a cab, he has plenty of CCKW pieces.
Joel
44 MB 356378- 54 M-38A1-41 CCKW 352-51 M-37-42TW6-45MBT-43 M1 BOMB LIFT (WEAVER)- RECORD SETTING HONOR GRADUATE Wheeled Vehicle Mechanics School, U.S. ARMY 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL 1962 - MVPA 1064 - RED BALL CHAPTER - PHONY VETERAN HEADHUNTER - ARMY FIXED & ROTARY WING MECHANIC/CREWCHIEF-STILL FIT WARBIRD COCKPITS
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Agreed Joel, great Maine workmanship, and you are right about the cab. Just not enough good southern bubba for me, it is just too good of a job.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Still needs an extra axle to make me feel good about it. :D To me it is like seeing that beautiful B-17 in the photo spotlight painted orange with the outboard engines removed to save fuel. 8)
52 M38 Willy's