Hello From Nebraska

For New Members to tell us about themselves and be welcomed.
abn CCKW

Hello From Nebraska

Post by abn CCKW »

Hello I ve been searching for online sites that have a link to WW2 and I discovered this Great Place !!
I got the OD bug back in the late 1980's while discovering the world's of Military Surplus Vehicles and Military Vehicle Collector Clubs .
After helping a Good Friend restore one of his many WW2 halftracks, I got the urge to find a HMV of my own . Thru " Wheel's and Tracks" I found exactly what I wanted,With good fortune I was able to Find this great 1944 CCKW 353 488311-H1 in Ziest Holland . It was part of the last 250 WW2 Jimmies coming to the market from the Dutch Military . I purchased it along with a 194? Ben Hur wooden body trailer.
After far too long a delay and relocating 1800 miles, I ve started the complete restoration of both truck and trailer.
More Photo's as things progress. below are pictures as found in 1990
and the Ben Hur
Cat Man
Major
Major

Dutch Tippers

Post by Cat Man »

Hi Abn,

I'm an "old CCKW" guy like you. Back in the 1980's I bought my first one. Didn't know that we could get them in military condition from Europe back then. How we learn.

I have a Dutch Tipper now - purchased later. May be from that same batch. I am curious about stamped numbers on the bumper, cargo bed, tailgate etc. on mine, There are matching two digit numbers made with a center punch about 1 inch tall and that says "67". Does your Dutch truck have these type of numbers? Is it a rebuild date or batch number? Seems no relationship to the serial number?

Glad your on board.

Cat Man
40 Years An Engine Guy
30 Years A Caterpillar Guy
Still Learning Every Day
abn CCKW

Post by abn CCKW »

Sorry Cat man , I dont recall seeing any numbers like those , My CCKW did'nt have any markings except for two dutch flags one on the front bumper right front and on the right rear tail light bracket and the two "NL" stickers on either side of the dump body,
Since that time the paint has worn thin in places but no signs of any others .No USA army registration.Oh and I did get part of the Dutch military registraion plate # KN-38-09 .
I have seen other Photo's of CCKW with numbers close to the same group.
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by dr deuce »

Welcome on board! Nice looking truck!

When I got mine in 1980, it was a cold, lonely world :(

Jeeps aplenty, but no other CCKWs.

It feels sooo good to have so many other folks around (youse guys) and others like Bill Wolf and John Cliche who are more local who own CCKWs now and of course I also never in my wildest dreams thought I would be smothered by my own fleet of CCKWs :)
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html
abn CCKW

introductions and welcomes

Post by abn CCKW »

Dr. Deuce .Thank you for the hello .You have quite a large and varied collection , with some very rare vehicles, will you be thinking of starting a Museum ? if for nothing else for the tax breaks?
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by dr deuce »

Did someone say museum...... :D

long term plan...
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html
abn CCKW

to DR Deuce

Post by abn CCKW »

You seem to have a great Crew and enough equipment to find and transport what every you want ! :wink: . Just wish I had that Clark air dozer and or a folding paratroop Bicycle or a cushman scooter perhaps?.... things that would go well with the Airborne or air-portable deuce .Hope the Weare Rally has better weather this time around 8) since the HMV and people are a sure to be there. Would enjoy one of those NH OD trail rides again! :D