Hello from Connecticut, USA

For New Members to tell us about themselves and be welcomed.
tetonale

Hello from Connecticut, USA

Post by tetonale »

Greetings everyone!

About a month ago I had the opportunity to meet Robert Barber and Stephen Keith and they recommended
I join the website. We met at a small airshow Bob Collings of the Collings Foundation puts on his private airfield in Stowe, MA. I informed them both I had recently purchased a deuce and a half and they were very willing to answer any questions I brought up.

I have waited to formally introduce myself to the forum until I had my CCKW delivered. I was having a hard time locating adequate storage in my area until I spoke to my neighbor who was willing to rent me some space in her oversized garage. This deuce has been sitting out in the weather since winter broke last spring and I got her in doors just in time as the remnants of Hurricane Ida are pelting the Connecticut coastline even as I write this introduction.

She is a 1941 GMC CCKW 353 hard top with serial number 1903135 F1. The van body is long gone. Replaced at some point with a M211 metal bed. She has had a hard life fighting floods and the New England winters. She even did a stint as a snow plow with a V plow welded under her chasis. Hopefully, I will be able to bring her back to her former glory.

Michael
Brad
Captain
Captain

Re: Hello from Connecticut, USA

Post by Brad »

welcome, its good to see another jimmy saved from the scrap heap
Brad
1944 open top CCKW 353 A1 with artic top---1945 CCKW hard top 352 A2---1942 4x4 chev cargo...

Visit my pictures!
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by dr deuce »

Good to hear from you again Michael. She will be looking purdy in no time!

BEWARE: Owning a CCKW can be hazardous. My (new) number 10 came home today.... :)
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html
abn CCKW

Post by abn CCKW »

This is a good place to learn and get help on your CCKW problems . The only way to deal with the Green fever is to visit here often and for long periods.