M2HB Dummy Gun

CCKW's/Chevy's For Sale. Please included location. This is a World Wide forum.
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

M2HB Dummy Gun

Post by Bill_Wolf »

Steve Workman sent me pictures and information about the dummy guns he is making. These are beautiful guns and certainly pass the 15 foot test with no problem.....

Here is the scoop....

50 Cal. replicas

All metal construction with moving side charger handle and
top cover that opens. Black powder coat finish on all parts.

Cost $500.00
US 48 state Shipping and packaging $50.00

Workman Historical Enterprises
21 Horton Road
Mont Vernon, NH. 03057

603 -672-0058 sgworkman@comcast.net

More and larger pictures here:

http://www.cckw.org/m2hb.htm
Hardbird
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Hardbird »

This gun looks great from the pictures. Can anyone tell me if one of these has been converted to a propane / oxygen sim fire unit?

Thanks,
Ron Leatherman
http://www.mv-restoration.com
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by dr deuce »

I believe that the barrels are solid.

He made 2, one for him and the other for me with real (worn out) .50 cal barrels so that we could modify them for propane at some guture date. Because of the sheetmetal construction of the main body of the gun, they were extreemly nose heavy.....
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bill_Wolf »

To qualify what the Doc said....He made 2 prototypes. He has made many guns since then and they are all out of non gun material.

These are total dummy guns so you will have no problem with ATF or other real.Firearm regulatiing agencies.

You also don't have to worry about the ramifications of someone stealing a "gun" from you.

Bill
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

It is really good looking dummy gun and nothing wrong with the price either.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
John V Cliche
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

M2HB Dummy Gun

Post by John V Cliche »

OK GUYS ,
I know this is an older thread, and , I don't know if this is the right forum but here goes.

The following little adventure is a testimonial to the authenticity of Mr. Workmans replicas.

Saturday ,July 29 6:30 pm

While driving home from the Weare rally on RT 9 in southern Me.I noticed a police car coming towards me , of coarse I look down at the speedo , Whew I'm not speeding , then I glance in my rear veiw HOLY CRAP a Bat turn right in front of the line of traffic behind us. Oh Boy what's wrong , not speeding, seat belt on, centered in lane yea we're OK .
I keep looking in the rear veiw , yea he's back there just following I guess. About 5 miles later, on come the blues from not 1, but 2 cop cars then the sirens wail, Oh CRAP now what . I pull over reach for the license, the reg, the insurance card, even the DOT paperwork, I'm ready, I look in the rear veiw and I see these 2 cops approching very slowly hands on their guns Oh Boy this can't be good. " Excuse me sir, but we've had some calls about the 50 cal on top of that military vehicle. " I doubt it , it's just overeaction on his part I say to myself , but I quickly tell him it's a dummy ( not unlike him but better judgment took over ) . They ask for my paperwork where I was coming from where I was going ,you know the drill. A call from dispatch OK's my paperwork. their attitude changes They explained their reason for stopping me " Well with terrorists and all you know we can't be to careful"We exchanged " pleasentries" and I drove away.
Moral of the story.
1) Steve Workmans replicas will even fool the professionals!!!!!
2) From now on when I travel that 50 cal is going to be covered!!!
42 Chevy G7117
44 Ford M20 armored car
44 CCKW 353 A1 660 gal Tanker
45 CCKW 353 B2 Air-portable
Ben Hur 1 ton trailer
MVPA#26900
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bill_Wolf »

Looks pretty real to me.....

Maybe they pulled you over because you were pulling it with a Dodge...Anyone doing that could be considered a subversive. :lol:

PS Folks....Johns rig is a Beautiful M-20...The picture does not do it justice

Bill
pfarber
Captain
Captain

Post by pfarber »

Even RESIN GUNS can be a firearm is you don't watch out. If you make an M2 RECEIVER (the Right side plate) to the exact dimentions of a REAL M2 receiver.. you have an unregistered MACHINE GUN.

No where in the law does is say guns are made of metal... in fact composite receivers are all the rage now.

If they can make your plastic gun fire even just 1 shot you are in a little bit of trouble. IF they can make it shoot twice..... THEN YOU ARE IN DEEP DOO DOO.

Also, just because you don't have internals means NOTHING. Again, the part BATFE and the cops are interested in is the RECEIVER. On M-1919's and M2 its a flat plate of steel with the the appropiate dimentions and proper holes drilled in it.

Learn the law regarding DUMMY GUNS. Federal Law requires a bright orange tip for 'realistic' plastic guns. And unless you have a waiver, you broke FEDERAL LAW. DUMMY guns have actual BATFE APPROVAL LETTERS on what EXACTLY the manufacturer is required to comply with.

Ain't our Country GRAND? You broke 3-5 laws just by putting a fake gun on your antique vheicle!!!!!!! WHOOOO HOOOO!!!!!
42 GPW
43 CCKW -A1
Bantam 1/4 ton Trailer
45th Infantry Division Renenactor
snow man
Captain
Captain

Post by snow man »

Why not eliminate those unwanted stops by the police , cover those 50cals till you get to the show , parade ,grocery store some people freak out over a picture of a gun. Image Three colors light , med , OD green $50 plus shipping from N.C. they cover the gun in the cradle with ammo can hope this helps.
GMC CCKW 353, M29 weasel, 1/2 ton dodge, Ben Hur Trailer
Lugnut
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

50 cal.

Post by Lugnut »

WN- Where do you get the ammo box tray that fastens to the gun? I was thinking about getting a 50 cal. non-gun as I have the ring mount, skate and cradle. Thanks!
John V Cliche
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Dummy Guns

Post by John V Cliche »

Hi Lugnut,

You can get the ammo trays that fit most any cradle from BMG Parts they advert. in MVM or SL.
You can also get as I have some NOS WW2 canvas gun covers that will also cover the ammo tray These covers are beautiful and correct.
Hope this helps.
John
42 Chevy G7117
44 Ford M20 armored car
44 CCKW 353 A1 660 gal Tanker
45 CCKW 353 B2 Air-portable
Ben Hur 1 ton trailer
MVPA#26900
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by dr deuce »

I have a NOS (used once) WW2 cover for my CCKW cargo truck. It does fit over the ammo can etc. Looks nice, but bare looks nicer
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html