FS- 1941 CCKW 352 Closed Cab - SOLD

CCKW's/Chevy's For Sale. Please included location. This is a World Wide forum.
rhinexing
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

FS- 1941 CCKW 352 Closed Cab - SOLD

Post by rhinexing »

THE TRUCK HAS BEEN SOLD! THANKS!

With regrets, I need to sell my 1941 project truck. As stated, it's a 1941 SWB, closed cab with banjo axles. It has the hole in the roof for the gun ring, (includes ring mount and NOS ring). Doors, glass, lumber for troop seats & side racks, engine components, and many other items included (you've got to see pics in the link below). Gas tank has been drained & is in good shape.

I purchased the truck from Kevin Kronlund of Army Cars USA last March. It is a Euro return that Kevin purchased as an uncompleted project. The truck is very complete, as far as parts are concerned. The previous owner rebuilt the engine, disassembled the truck, and gathered the majority of the parts needed for restoration.

Currently, the truck is at Ron Leatherman's shop in Albion, Indiana. It has been stored inside at Ron's since I purchased the truck. It is ready to be blasted and painted, with a very small amount of body work to the cab roof needed. Please e-mail or pm with any questions!

Here is a link to a few pics of the truck at Ron's shop:
http://www.mv-restoration.com/mv_restoration02g_013.htm

I am asking BEST REASONABLE OFFER!!! I paid $9000 for the truck. No title, but I will provide a bill of sale.

Thanks.
-Mike
Last edited by rhinexing on Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mike Pumphrey
MVPA #23687
1941 GMC CCKW 352
1941 Ben Hur 1-ton Trailer (steel)
194? Ben Hur 1-ton Trailer (steel)
armydriver
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by armydriver »

Thanks for the photos and that is a nice project vehicle and quite scarce at that early date. Good luck on selling the truck.
52 M38 Willy's
Former owner and restorer of CCKW353 " Betty Boop"

proud father of a career Army officer/Blackhawk pilot/ War in Iraq veteran
Retired high school history teacher at Lt. Colonel Robert G. Cole CMH High School, Fort Sam Houston Texas
proud great grandson of four Confederate soldiers.
great great grandson of a War of 1812 veteran
great great great grandson of 2 American Revolutionary war veterans
Hardbird
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Hardbird »

Greetings,

If any of you are interested in Mike's amazingly complete and solid SWB CCKW, and would like to see it in person, please give me a call.

We can then arrange a time for you to stop by the shop so that you can take a look at it. Most any time will work for me, all I need is advanced notice to check my schedule. Weekends can be arranged too.

This is one nice early CCKW, you will not be disappointed!

This truck even has the usually missing (and nearly impossible to find) behind the cab double spare tire rack. And it has the often removed, heavy-duty, ring mount frame work as well!

Best Regards,
Ron Leatherman
http://www.mv-restoration.com

260-636-3996 W
260-636-2459 H (until 8:30 EST)
260-740-7535 C

If I do not answer, please leave a message and I will call you back as soon as possible.
Ron Leatherman
Albion, Indiana
MVPA #28954

1943 Autocar M15A1 / M16A1 Half-track
(converted to the M3 standard)

oldreliable9_47
Captain
Captain

Post by oldreliable9_47 »

I've had the pleasure of seeing this jimmy up close and personal. VERY NICE looking and mostly complete. :D
Mark Mason
Anderson, Indiana
GMC CCKW 353
MVPA #29624
robc
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by robc »

This truck is interesting, it appears to have the early civilan dash, make out the chrome strip running across, just unable to see the ashtray, also no dash light above instrument panel, as I understand these cabs were only fitted up to sn 41188, then changed to 1608 cab with military instruments.
Its a real nice truck, hope you find a good home for her.
CCKW 352-399807-B1. No 7 Set Fitted.
CCKW 353-359616-1. Shopvan. ST5.
Dodge WC53 Carryall 81577831(Sold)
Gemco 1/4 Trailer 1879.
CCKW Cab (only) under restoration.
Hardbird
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Hardbird »

Hello,

I want to clarify something about the sale of this awesome SWB CCKW just in case there is any misconception due to it's location.

Yes, Mike has this neat truck for sale, and it happens to be located at my shop here in Albion, Indiana. But it's being here does not mean that I have to do the restoration work if you buy his truck. That would be your choice, and is not a condition of the sale.

Best regards,
Ron
Ron Leatherman
Albion, Indiana
MVPA #28954

1943 Autocar M15A1 / M16A1 Half-track
(converted to the M3 standard)

rhinexing
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by rhinexing »

I am willing to accept the best reasonable offer on the truck. I need to sell her ASAP! Please see first post for description! Thanks!
-Mike
Mike Pumphrey
MVPA #23687
1941 GMC CCKW 352
1941 Ben Hur 1-ton Trailer (steel)
194? Ben Hur 1-ton Trailer (steel)