open cab

CCKW's/Chevy's For Sale. Please included location. This is a World Wide forum.
pristus1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

open cab

Post by pristus1 »

found on ebay 3 days left maybe good for parts or restor in reno nevada item nu-150380012784
This is a Dec. 7, 1944 GMC 2 1/2 ton 353 CCKW open cab truck. It was originally an Ordinance Van but was rebuilt into a fire truck by the Army. The truck has a clear Nevada title and shows very little use as a fire truck. The hood number is 00138353. The winch was replace by a water pump which was then removed with all the other fire equipment after the truck was decommissioned. The truck comes with all the parts for a complete restoration except for instruments, seat cushions and glass. This is a rolling chassis, so it can be pushed onto a trailer. It also comes with a new engine gasket set and does come with all the engine parts that were removed in anticipation of doing an overhaul. It comes with a newly rebuilt, but uninstalled hydrovac assembly. When I purchased the truck, I was told that the rear brakes had been overhauled, but I have not verified this myself. It does come with the left front brake, radiator, front fenders, headlights and grill which were removed during the restoration. It comes with 18 wheels, most have tires mounted. The steering wheel is a hard rubber, not the usual wood. The windshield does contain the inner frame. It also comes with two steel mud flaps, the fuel tank, battery cover, intact M36 gun mount u-bolts, and the original wood blocks and u-bolts for the bed. The bed (not pictured) will need the wood replaced but the metal is in good shape. I will include the TM 9 organizational manual with the truck. Note:There is rustout along both sides of cab body where the hat channel is spot welded to the floor and side. Also a hat channel under the pass. side is rusted pretty well but has some body filler in it. Looks to be just cosmetic type repair. The original owner began the restoration, but lost interest and sold the truck to me. I continued the restoration, but have found that I do not have the time to complete this project as I have several other vehicles that I am restoring.

seller id radlindunk :D
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: open cab

Post by Bill_Wolf »

1945 GMC DUKW
1942 Chevy 125 Crash Truck from Dow AAFB,
1944 Chevy 325 Fire Truck
1942 WC-54 Ambulance
1944 M29C Weasel (x6)
1945 CCKW 353 A2 Open Cab "Air-portable"
1943 M5 High Speed Tractor
1942 Sperry Searchlight setup with GE Generator
1942 M-1 Fruehauf Searchlight Trailer (G221)
1942 M-17 Fruehauf Quad 50 Trailer (G221)
1942 M-10 Ammo Trailer (x3)
194? Steel Ben Hur (x4) 194? Wood Ben Hur (x2)
1945 Case VAIW-3 Aircraft Tug
1943 Case VAI USAAF with Mower
1944 Clark CA-1 Airborne Dozer
1944 PE-95G, 1944 PE-99B