Pictures of the Tank

In this thread....

http://www.cckw.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=9185#9185
Conn
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

!

Post by Conn »

Well my dad says he hates to destroy such a rare find (cutting off the rear end of the frame), and we can't use the banjo style rear axles, so we are willing to swap the CCW truck (without engine) to anyone who could use it, for a good CCKW parts truck with split rear end axles, a good rear end (plus bendle hook) and with ten wheels. You see we can't use the banjo style axles for the CCKW (it has splits), and we'd like to re-add about seven inches to the CCKW's rear end frame to have a bendle hook on it (because the end has been cut off sometime in the past to fit the lime spreader bed on it), but we don't want to cut it of the CCW. I hate to see it go (you all had me goin' :) ), but we can't use it from this point on, and we don't have the time, money, or space to restore two trucks. I hope that someone else is able to restore it though! Private message me if you're interested. Also has anyone been able to find anything on the tank? Thanks everyone for your imput and info.!
1940 Packard 110 Touring Sedan
1945 M3A4 Hand Utility Cart
1945 GMC CCKW 353 H1
http://americanbombardier.tripod.com/cckwproject/
Bill_Wolf
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bill_Wolf »

GMC CCW
Feb. 1945 GMC CCKW 353 H1 (Tipper)

So tell Dad to get his priorities straight.....Get rid of the Packard! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Conn
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

!

Post by Conn »

:mrgreen: ...Well the Packard has some family history. My great grandpa bought it brand new in 1939, and it's been in the family ever since, plus my grandma would kill my dad if he did that, and without him the CCKW project would really get no where. :D

(But I have joked with my dad about painting the Packard OD Green... :lol: )
1945 M3A4 Hand Utility Cart
1945 GMC CCKW 353 H1
http://americanbombardier.tripod.com/cckwproject/
41CCKW
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by 41CCKW »

The museum that owns my 41CCKW has 2 CCW's. One has a shop box and the other has no bed. The one without a bed is a parts truck. It is full of bullet holes and is real beat up. I will try to get pics of them this weekend.
1941 CCKW 352 B1 Del. Date 6-30-41
1943 International M-3L-4
Nick Bombini
Captain
Captain

Post by Nick Bombini »

I'll get some photos too. I'll be out there getting parts from the open cab parts truck with Chris if all goes as planned :D.

--Nick
Nick Bombini
---
'42 M7A1 Generator
'42 M7 Generator trailer
'43 CCKW 352 A2
'45 USMC mobile repair shop trailer
'45 GPW
41CCKW
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by 41CCKW »

Is Chris going to get his trucks out of there this weekend? Fixing the CCW with the command box is in the works but I need to finish the 41CCKW first. There is a CCKW cab in the recycling dumpster. I need to strip the cab before they come and get the dumpster.
1941 CCKW 352 B1 Del. Date 6-30-41
1943 International M-3L-4
rwdfresno
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by rwdfresno »

Nick,

If you and Chris are going to be out at there getting parts make sure that you contact Joe or myself ahead of time. I know that my father had given Chris permission to get some parts off some of the trucks but we like to know who, what, when, where and why people are going to be out there ahead of time. If you guys are going to be out getting any parts be sure to give me a call ahead of time or call my father.
Last edited by rwdfresno on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan
Nick Bombini
Captain
Captain

Post by Nick Bombini »

Ryan,

I can understand that as I'm sure you guys want to know who is out there. I talked to your dad during the airshow. He had told me to set it up with Chris to get the parts. I'm sure he set it all up but I'll give you a call.

--Nick
Nick Bombini
---
'42 M7A1 Generator
'42 M7 Generator trailer
'43 CCKW 352 A2
'45 USMC mobile repair shop trailer
'45 GPW
Nicholas
Private

Post by Nicholas »

I have a CCW S#20962, it was converted to 6x6 by the military I am guessing, It has the CCW and s# on the frame so it is a CCW. It runs very well. The cab and sheet metal need help, but I am slowly getting what I need to complete it. I posted pics in the Applications forum.
Thanks
Nick
42cckw
Captain
Captain

ccw pictures

Post by 42cckw »

Nick
you said you posted pictures in the applications forum, were I can't find them :oops:
Nicholas
Private

Post by Nicholas »

The post for my CCW is on the 2nd page of the Applications forum, last post was on March 6th. Pics were one of the last posts. I have had the truck for 12+ years. The bed is off an M35(not a good fit, but needed to put the bed some where) I also have the original tank, but it leaked so I put the current one on. The engine runs very well. The way I understand it is the CCW has a transfer case with the front drive lever blocked so it could not be engaged. My truck has the banjo style front and the drives all work. I also have a 41 CCKW 352 in tough shape, M52, M105. My brother has a good M35 4X4 conversion and several parts M35s and M211s. I plan to start working on the body and doing some restoration as time allows. I am unsure if I will convert it back to just 4 wheel drive. The original conversion was done very well and I don't know if it is worth switching back. Any ideas or info would be nice.
Thanks
Nick
dr deuce
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by dr deuce »

On the CCW, they left a few parts out of the xfer case. It is the same housing as the CCKW, but fewer parts.
Dr Deuce Over 50,000 driven miles in a CCKW
1942 CCKW closed cab shopvan
1943 CCKW closed cab cargo w/M32 MG mount
1944 CCKW open cab LeRoi Kompressor
1944 CCKW open cab F1 Aircraft fueler tanker
1945 CCKW open cab cargo w/artic cab
1942 Chev cargo
1942 Chev K51 Panel
1944 Chev M6 Bomb Truck
1942 GPW Jeep
http://home.comcast.net/~cckw/wsb/html/ ... 59870.html